Maths with Carol Vorderman – Access anytime
Legendary Countdown alumnus and mathematician Carol Vorderman has opened up her incredible maths website The Maths Factor to the public, giving free access to 4-12 year olds until they go back to school.
Gareth Metcalfe – Live lessons every day.
You can watch them at any time during the day if you don’t manage to watch it live. There will be three separate sessions: Years 1/2, Years 3/4 and Years 5/6. These lessons include some teaching then lots of opportunities for you to try it out yourself. Make sure you have some paper and a pencil with you when you watch!
Highly recommended! Loads and loads of different maths games and challenges for you to try. Try the ‘starter of the day’ for a different fun maths challenge each day.
Bamboo maths works on your Alexa if you have one. Simply ask ‘Alexa, open Bamboo Learning’. From there, you can do the following:
- Bamboo Books: helps practice active listening and improve listening comprehension, offers stories for three age groups (Level 1: ages 5-7, Level 2: ages 7-10, Level 3: ages 10-12) – “Alexa, open Bamboo Books”
- Bamboo Luminaries: an engaging social studies trivia game that showcases prominent and lesser-known influential historical figures from diverse fields including art, literature, science, social justice, and sports – “Alexa, open Bamboo Luminaries”
- Bamboo Math: helps practice mental math, offers number problems and over 500,000 fun and engaging word problems in four areas of arithmetic (+ – x ÷) across 5 difficulty levels – “Alexa, open Bamboo Math”
- Bamboo Music: introduces basic music theory, offers fun and engaging music games such as “Recognize the Instrument” and music exercises across 3 levels, incorporates children’s nursery rhymes and selections from folk and classical music – “Alexa, open Bamboo Music”
- Highlights Storybooks from Bamboo: co-developed with literacy experts at Highlights magazine, offers engaging stories and exercises to practice active listening and improve listening comprehension leveled for learners in Kindergarten through 3rd grade – “Alexa, open Highlights Storybooks”